Yes, we have no bananas.
Y'know, I keep doing this. I never get through the whole bundle of bananas. Ever. I can buy only two, eat one after I get home from the store and the other one will vanish like Hootie's career, then suddenly it'll reappear looking all rotten & decrepit a few days later. These things go downhill quicker than Viktor Yushchenko or something. I don't get it. By the time the banana rears its ugly head again, it looks like the picture above. And I'm just not down with eating bananas that look like that. Even monkeys starving in the jungle are like, "dude, I ain't eatin' that shit, what do you think I am?" So I end up having to throw them away and dealing with the sweet smell of fermenting banana in my garbage for a few days because I only produce one bag of trash a week. (I'm that damn efficient.) Now my kitchen smells like rotting bananas. Dammit. My life is a constant struggle, I tell you.

4 Comments:
I had a roommate in college who refused to throw anything away, including fermenting bananas. She ate one once which managed to create its own alcohol. She was soooo sick! Maybe you should just buy one banana at a time . . .
Or learn to make banana bread.
Banana liquer? It's not the best alcohol, but it has its uses. In mush form I can't imagine any of those bring good, though.
Banana bread? I've made beer bread, and it rocked. I don't know how I'd fare with banana bread. Possibly a combination of beer and banana bread? Hey, why not?
On second thought, ugh. No.
I buy a bushel of bananas because I always figure that I'll get through them. Always. Call it a glass half-full thing.
There's a big difference between distilled alcohol and naturally fermented fruit. Kinda like the difference between Vodka or fermenting potatoes. No one in their right mind would eat fermented potatoes but millions drink Vodka.
As for your kitchen smells, you could throw the rotting bananas in the freezer until the day you take your trash out. Frozen bananas are really disgusting looking but at least they don't have that unpleasant odor that attracts insects and repels humans.
Banana bread-my mother ALWAYS throws the damn nasty bananas in the freezer, until she has enough for banana bread. I had to stare at the damn things growing up, every time I went to make juice or something.
I buy like 4-5 bananas at a time, for 2-3 people. I refuse to save the icky ones. I won't eat them with even a tiny bit of brown. I'm a pussy about that.
Post a Comment
<< Home