Thursday, April 07, 2005

Bad ideas.

It's probably a bad idea to catch up on the episodes of Lost that I've missed on the evening before I'm about to hop on a plane that will be taking me on a Transatlantic flight in the morning. At least, it would be if I was a wuss who isn't used to flying. Which I am most certainly not. A wuss, that is. Watching a show about the aftermath of a plane crash doesn't make it seem so bad. I still have no idea what my flashback story would be, though. It couldn't possibly top Hurley's. Dammit.

It's probably a bad idea to start packing at 1:17am when the flight leaves in the morning, huh? At least I have my passport ready. And my iPod. Honestly, what else could I possibly need?

It's probably a bad idea to pack shorts and t-shirts when it's frickin' freezing over in England. It's April. What the hell is wrong with that country, anyway?

It's probably a bad idea to name my playlist "It's Maki's down-tempo playlist for mature, sexy adults" since Matt spammed the hell out of my comments, preventing anyone else from posting entries. (That's the story I'm sticking to.) He wins. I guess you've all missed your shot at iPod immortality. At least this time.

It's probably not such a bad idea to rename that playlist "Tenacious D made the joke first" just to piss off my contest winner.

It's probably a bad idea to be posting on my blog when I should be packing.

It's probably a bad idea to try to write up my review of Beck's Guero right now. The short version? It's good.

It's probably a bad idea to promise to post pictures of some sort once I'm over there. Or to promise to send postcards. Or to promise to bring back cool stuff. I did sign up for a photobucket account, so there's an off-chance you might get the first promise, at least. Maybe. It depends on whether or not I decide to show you pictures of what I look like, thus ruining the image you've created for me in your mind. Well, all three of you that I don't run into on a daily basis in Jacksonville anyway. We'll see. Just don't expect any pictures like these.

Stay safe, kids. I'll see ya when I see ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home