Sunday, March 12, 2006

Dammit! Scheduling conflicts suck.

It looks like my sister's graduation from law school is on the exact same weekend as the Jacksonville Film Festival. Which I will undoubtedly have VIP passes for after doing their section. Think one of the two can be rescheduled to accommodate me?

The best part is that I can almost guarantee you I will have nothing else going on for every other weekend in May, including Memorial Day. Just you watch. Dammit.

Just an aside, never trust a dude with two first names. This is why I hate Toby Keith.

My weekend was pretty good. How was yours?

10 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, March 13, 2006, Blogger erl said...

my mom has two first names. thank you.

 
At 9:38 AM, March 13, 2006, Blogger ClrkGriswald said...

My weekend - well, let's see here - I spent it flat on my back all hopped up on Flexeril and Lortab.

Quality weekend had by all.

 
At 9:55 AM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Alonzo Mosley (FBI) said...

The thing about JFF really sucks. I've already asked for time off work to attend as much of thing as possible. Of course, I plan obscenely early for everything.

Maybe you could go to both simultaneously, like some kind of crappy sitcom episode where the main character has two dates for the same night. Hijinks ensue!

 
At 11:04 AM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Star Droppings said...

I was up in Jacksonville this weekend. So fun! I miss it a lot. But the fact that they have any kind of cultural festival up there seems a little oxymoronesque. The most intellectual thing I ever did when I lived there was have a farting contest on the Ritz patio. OH! And I got a farmer's tan while having brinch on the boathouse dock. Now that's art.

 
At 9:53 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger erl said...

fuckin' maki

 
At 11:06 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Maki said...

Hey! My blog works again!!!

Melis: Sounds good to me. Just not on mother's day weekend, since I'll be down in Orlando. If I'm not there my mom might kill me. Literally.

Liz: Your mom is a dude? I still don't trust her.

Mark: I'm just going to start calling you Brett Fav-RUH.

Alonzo, FBI: Trust me, I debated commuting back and forth until I remembered just how unreliable South Bend's airport is. It's not obscenely early, by the way; that's how I discovered they were on the same weekend, when I was mapping out my vacation days for May. I repeat: DAMMIT.

Lindsay: Being Jacksonville, there's only about 20 people that attend the whole thing. But they are cool people at least. And yo, a farmer's tan is hell of sexy. That wouldn't happen to be the infamous mimosa brunch at the boathouse, would it?

Liz, again: Wait, who's fuckin' me?

 
At 8:32 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Matt said...

I claim dibs on the film festival passes.

I will not make the obvious dibs on the sister comment.

Though she is foxy.

 
At 8:33 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Star Droppings said...

It sure is, but they ditched the $6-all-you-can-drink mimosa deal. I like to think it's because I was putting them into the red. Now it's $2 bloody marys, mimosas and screwdrivers, and $3 champagne. Who drinks vodka at brunch? How uncivilized. Unless your at home by youself. Then it's OK.

 
At 10:08 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Maki said...

I would like to point out that Matt has two first names. This is why I cannot trust him.

Not cool that they ditched the all-you-can-drink mimosas. What some places will do to stay in business...

 
At 5:09 PM, March 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always notice the two-first-names deal, but you can't blame the dude. I mean, if you have a last name like "David" your parents can't exactly name you "O'Neill" just to satisfy our distaste for two first names, now can they?

I did absolutely nothing in that Office Space kind of way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home