Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Tag week day seven! aka "Yeah! It's the Juggernaut, bitch!"

The finale. I know you guys are all happy and saddened to see it end. I am completely lying on the time because Blogger was down for 2 hours and then M called and I talked to her and then I had dodgeball and it's not my fault, people.

Ten years ago, March 1996:
Sophomore year at JU. Good times, even though I'd just broken up with my long-term, long-distance girlfriend. Drinking heavily. Not recalling much else. First met PK, roomed with Caz, spent plenty of time playing basketball. And drinking. Heavily.

Five years ago, March 2001:
I just got back from my trip to Japan. I was still living in San Marco in the pimpest apartment in existence and enjoying life. I was also house shopping. Killed a home invader with my bare hands. Good times.

One year ago, March 2005:
Um, I was writing a blog on Blogspot. Much better than I do these days. I had the same job. I had no girlfriend. I worked out at the YMCA three or four days a week. This sounds vaguely familiar.

Yesterday, March 7, 2006:
I didn't get much sleep the night before and took a sick day solely for the sake of sleeping in until noon, which I did. From that point forward things get hazy. I remember flashes of gunfire, voices swearing in Chechnyan, the sounds of a crying baby and a cell phone repeatedly ringing with the theme from Rocky. And this was all before I left the westside.

Tomorrow, March 9, 2006:
I roll into work with a hangover. I work like a dog during the day. In the evening I prepare for Big Orlando Bender Weekend: The Sequel by withdrawing large amounts of cash from the ATM. I go to some graphic designers' event at The Brick near my house. I drink. Heavily.

In the grand finale to tag week, I officially tag anyone that's ever commented here, including:
Alonzo Mosley, FBI
Beaner Dog (for the sake of completeness)
Beth
Blue Dog Art
Candace
Caz
Corbie
Holly
Jacob
Jax Peach
Katie
Katrina
Lindsay
Liz
Mark
Matt
Melis
Piu
PK (time to start a new one)
Six
Shit, even Tom.

And you, yeah you, random blog wanderer lurker person. I just tagged you. Answer the tag already! Stop lurking! Comment!

If you're wondering where the hell all the stupid-ass quotes I've been using all week have come from, go here. If you haven't seen this already, where have you been? Do they have internet where you live?

Coming tomorrow: absolutely nothing. Maybe. Probably. Likely.

12 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, March 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the sake of completeness, I'll consider acknowledging your tag. More to come ... maybe.

 
At 9:21 AM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Star Droppings said...

Ten years ago, March 1996:
I spent that month filming the third in a series of six amatuer gang bangs. I sold then on beta tapes for drug money.

Five years ago, March 2001:
Started an affair with a Tibetan monk. He broke up woth me because I wouldn't do anal.

One year ago, March 2005:
Celebrated my ninth anniversary of sobriety with a bottle of crown and an eight ball.

Yesterday, March 8, 2006:
Sat outside Maki's window so I could read the blog as it was being written. I just don't want to wait. I need it!

Tomorrow, March 10, 2006:
Tomorrow is Friday. This has been the longest week ever. Heard some folks are coming into town. I may give them a little face time.

 
At 10:13 AM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Alonzo Mosley (FBI) said...

Ten Years Ago, March 1996: I was gainfully employed at UNF Library and not doing a hell of a lot else.

Five Years Ago, March 2001: Met my future wife while attending FSU.

One Year Ago, March 2005: Started the La-La Land Library (SHAMELESS PLUG! SHAMELESS PLUG!)

Yesterday, March 8, 2006: Dealt with far too many patrons who were intoxicated and/or just plain nuts. Saw "Mrs. Henderson Presents" at the San Marco theater.

Tommorow, March 10, 2006: I have a day off that contains both a Dentist and Doctor's appointment. Weeee!

And as a sidenote, I do get the "Juggernaut" reference ... because I watched the damn thing half a dozen times yesterday. I'll beat ya with your own PIMP!

 
At 10:49 AM, March 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alonzo, what a coincidence--I'm AT the UNF Library right this very moment.

I really didn't have a comment for the regular post, though. Sorry.

 
At 11:52 AM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Maki said...

Beaner: Only consider? C'mon now.

Lind-to-the-Z: It's nice to know that some people still used beta, even in '96. It was a superior format, after all. And I had a Tibetan Monk do the same thing to me. Asshole. No pun intended.

Mr. Mosley: You really don't want to know how many times I've watched it in the 3 weeks since I found it. Suffice it to say, way too many. And we are all about shameless plugs around here. Damn, that site is comprehensive. I have a new bookmark!

Melis: I would be ten years older than you if high school lasted ten years... And not FOUR. I apologize again for being the world's worst pep-talker, by the way.

Katie: Just checkin' in, huh? Can't say I blame you for not having much to say since this one sucked. Tag week and dodgeball wore me out, I tell ya.

 
At 3:51 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Blue Dog Art said...

Thanks to the fact that I've had a light day today, I did it and it's on my blog.

 
At 9:34 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Maki said...

It appears my plan has backfired spectacularly. Once again.

DAMMIT.

 
At 10:41 AM, March 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soy un perdedor. I have no blog of my own, and finally have the time to reply, so here it goes:

Ten years ago, March 1996
I was a senior at Dwyer High, and had received my acceptance letter to UCF by this point. I had been dating my (then) boyfriend for about two years, and we were making plans to attend UCF together that fall. I had no idea at this point that he would leave me for a drug addict shortly after we got there.

5 years ago, March 2001
The month prior, I broke off my 3-year-long relationship with a Navy asshole I lived with in St.Marys, GA and moved to Jax. Got my first place by myself and loved ever minute of it. Dated a lot. I was working at my shittiest job EVER, as a graphic designer for Allstate. I met my current husband just before Easter this month.

1 year ago, March 2005
I was enjoying the Super Bowl being gone, done, over. Life in general was returning to normal. I broke down and renewed my gym membership and swore I'd go regularly this time. I was looking forward to a massive tax return.

Yesterday, March 10, 2006
I battled a record-breaking line at my favorite coffee spot solely because we had a long, boring meeting at work. Besides needing the caffeine and loving the stuff, I wanted to have a cup sitting in front of me that said "Bad Ass Coffee Co." Makes a statement. Had the world's greatest pizza for lunch. Did yet another good deed for the local Humane Society and brought 8 bags of newspaper there after work.

Tomorrow, March 12, 2006
Sleep in. I'll pack for my trip south for my sister's wedding sometime today because, being a procrastinator, if I don't do it today, I'll do it last minute and forget something. Something important. I will wash my car in a vain attempt for it to stay that way ... at least for a little while. I'll spend some quality time with my four-legged, furry girls. I'll drag my husband all over town trying to find a gift for my sister and her new husband. I'll get to bed way too late, and be a complete bitch to a client I am dreading seeing on Monday. God, I hope everything goes according to plan.

There you have it. You now have a more comprehensive understanding of why I don't have my own blog ... My life is way too boring.

 
At 1:51 PM, March 11, 2006, Blogger Maki said...

Wait, I hope nobody thinks my life is exciting. It's more like a diary of inebriation these days...

 
At 7:38 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

Ten Years Ago, March 1996: I was pregnant with my third kid.

Five Years Ago, March 2001: I was sitting around reading the paper and ignoring the kids.

One Year Ago, March 2005: I was looking for my books in bookstores and reaching the sad conclusion that their shelf life was short.

Yesterday, March 8, 2006: Drove Fatima to the hospital and tried to find someone else to drive her home. And went over the 96 questions for the citizenship exam. Over and over and over. "The three branches of Government? Executive, judicial and legislative."

Tommorow, March 10, 2006: I will hole up in this house and write ten pages, minimum.

 
At 8:47 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

Shit! It was boring enough the first time around.

Why is blogger developing hicccups?

 
At 9:09 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Maki said...

Don't worry Kate, the second funky one is gone. Some days I'm glad Blogger is even displaying my site at all.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home