The return of "Name That Playlist!"
Yes, the most important part of my preparation for the Minnesota trip is complete! If you were about to guess packing my clothes, you, (A) obviously don't know me very well, and (B) skip reading my well-crafted headlines, apparently.
Now, dear reader, you may ask, "why do you need yet another custom playlist for your iPod, Maki?" Well, I'll be happy to answer. It's not for the plane (for once.) I've got that nifty PSP invention for that. Or sleep. Either would occupy plane time nicely. I made the playlist for the car trip up north. My plane lands in Minneapolis and then must drive a little over three hours to get to the wonderful cabin where cell phones and internet do not compute. (Ha! No pun intended! Honest!) But before that, I must rent a car.
That's right, I am renting a car for the first time ever in my life. Ever.
This officially makes me old. Damn. And this pretty much eliminates me from having another, "we can't stop here, this is bat country!" episode with a drunken family member. Sorry, kids. I know the blog will suffer for that one. For shame. Anyway, this playlist was created for the express purpose of keeping me awake throughout that car ride since I'll be (A) heading up there solo, and (B) working on an hour of sleep or two from the night before because that's how I roll. (Again! No pun intended! Honest!)
Matty won the last contest, just before my big London trip early on in the life of this blog. The winning entry? "Maki's down-tempo playlist for mature, sexy adults." Let's try to keep things up to that level, shall we? Here's the playlist. I don't care if you don't recognize half of the songs on it. Just know that I'm pretty sure none of them are less than 80 beats per minute and the vast majority don't have any guitars or any of that other "instrument" stuff in them.
- Going Out Of My Head by Fatboy Slim
- The Boxer by The Chemical Brothers
- Waiting For The Sirens' Call (Planet Funk Remix) by New Order
- Samba (Rae & Christian remix) by Faze Action
- Walking Zero (Tuff & Jam Unda-Vybe Vocal remix) by Sneaker Pimps
- Get A Move On by Mr. Scruff
- Spanish Grease (Dorfmeister con madrid de los austrias muga reserva mix) by Willie Bobo
- Universal Magnetic (IQ Collective Remix) by Mos Def
- Good To Be Alive by DJ Rap
- Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack
- Plasticworld by Pendulum featuring Fats & TC
- Bingo Bango by Basement Jaxx
- Karvel by Björk
- Lethal Cut by Propellerheads
- Bring Back My Happiness by Moby
- 19-2000 (Soulchild Remix) by Gorillaz
- Mr. Chombee Has The Floor by The Herbaliser
- Roll & Tumble by DJ Krush
- Brown Paper Bag by Roni Size
- Foxxy by Cassius
- Life Is Sweet by The Chemical Brothers
- Radio 7 by David Holmes
- Roadhouse Blues (The Crystal Method Vs. The Doors Remix)
- Daft Punk Is Playing At My House by LCD Soundsystem
- Girls by The Prodigy
- Born Too Slow by The Crystal Method
- Black Steel by Tricky
- Never Gonna Come Back Down by BT
- High Noon by DJ Shadow
Now I just need to remember to pack my FM Transmitter or all this effort goes completely to waste... Then maybe I will get drunk if that happens.

16 Comments:
I think it should be called "BOOM Shaka Laka".
"Crystal Meth: The Playlist"
(hey look, word verification is back)
since six is slaking off:
pzqukwu
(pink zebras quickly unzip kaki warm-ups)
I actually turned it back on after he posted, so he's not slacking. I just got sick of random spam in ancient posts.
"BOOM Shaka Laka" is just screaming for an exclamation point.
Man, the sad thing is I had the fact that I mentioned Matty was the only one who entered the contest in the original verison of this post, then edited it out. This makes me a SAD PANDA.
I don't get how that makes this contest a waste of time, though. I mean, really!
Hey Melis, I'm thinkin' something about pots and kettles and being black or something...
Shit. You already took the glowsticks and X jokes.
Alright, I can do this.
Rave has already been used I think, but rave rhymes with wave and you see waves at the beach and there are beaches in Rhode Island but the water is pretty cold so there are a lot of sharks and I think last week was Shark Week on the Discovery Channel and the Discovery Channel reminds me of the fact I don't have cable and cables are fiber optics which are made of thin strand of glass and put into rubber tubing...
Wait...
Glass...
Put...
Put...
Glass...
"Maki's Song's to Put'em On The Glass To!"
You heard the man, ladies.
Let the puppies breath.
Where's the real playlist? I saw the title and immediately thought it should be called "Just Another Maki Monday: All The Unforgettable Hits of the Bangles". But then I saw the songs on the list, and realized that I left my ecstasy and invisible ball in the car. I'll be right back. I can't dance to this stuff without my invisible ball.
Hey Pseudo Administrator - shouldn't "breath" have been "breathe"??
Don't you want the puppies to breathe??
Matty: What does Rhode Island have to do with this?
Lindsay: "Eternal Flame" is on a different playlist, sorry.
Mark: Don't be that guy who corrects people's spelling on the internet. DON'T BE THAT GUY. You also need to submit a playlist name if you're going to comment.
Hey now - don't you go hatin' on the home of the New York System hot weiner.....shit just ain't right!! =)
(The no word verification thing was getting very convienent until someone had to go fucking ruin it - damn spammers!!)
Don't act like you're surprised. Everyone had to have seen this coming.
C'mon now!
There's no way he's as bad as me.
That's just cold.
Actually, I did pick a winner. It just wasn't any of you guys. Sorry! The winner was my placeholder...
"Glowsticks And X Are So '90s"
Thanks for playing, though. Honest.
So, basically what you are saying is, Melis was right, we shouldn't have wasted our time.
No, it just means have better entries next time.
Sorry I'm late to this, my kid has chicken pox. My belated suggestion is: "Tunes the Tragically Unhip Blue Dog Art Does Not Know". Maybe my first sentence would be a better title?
Post a Comment
<< Home