Thursday, September 28, 2006

Vanishing act

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know. Absenteeism, thy name is Maki. Sorry about that. Let's just say I've been busy and leave it at that. Here is my current priority list, in descending order so you know where things stand with me.

1. Work. I am the guru of our new publishing system at work. This involves working late and other assorted stupid crap, like answering the same question for the 300,000th time because I work with people who are 95% computer illiterate. Scary.

2. Watching gigantic-screen hi-def TV. Trust me, this thing is still worth every single penny I spent to acquire it. Of course, I've learned that cable is the great time waster. Cable devours time like Rosie O'Donnell devours small children. As in, really fuckin' fast.

3. Eating. Wish I could say I've been eating better, but I haven't. Bummer.

4. Working 2nd job. Did I mention I'm a dodgeball referee now? They actually pay me for it. Crazy, huh? I actually kind of like it. Good thing I have a DVR now!

5. Working out. Elbow is still messed up, so it's all circuit training and running on the treadmill for long amounts of time and long simulated distances. Matty grows lonely doing his "real" workouts solo these days.

6. Drinking, socializing and carousing in general.
That's where my life is right now. Drinking and carousing are #6 on the list. I think you know where these usually stand, to get how far out of whack my priorities are. Sorry to disappoint, Holly.

7. Trading phone messages and e-mails with a potential. Sadly, it seems our schedules may never meet up since the last time our free time coincided and we saw each other was 3 weeks ago. Such is life. She was really cute, too. Oh well.

8. Sleeping. This is about where it usually is on the list. It might actually have moved up a few spaces.

5,476,493. Blogging. This has moved down the list slightly. As if this wasn't apparent already...

One day I'll write funny stuff again. Maybe. So, how has everyone else been lately? Anybody still check in here? Please say yes.

9 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Star Droppings said...

Every day. I check every single day. You are the wind beneath my wings... and I sit at a computer from 8:30-5 with an hour to get reacquainted with the sun at lunch. A new post is like a little gift from heaven.

 
At 9:21 AM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have blogrolling, so my site tells me when you update. Therefore, I check to see if you've updated every day, but I usually only visit when you have updated.

Why would I want to look at stale shit?

You should put re-runs on. When you're too busy, just revive an old post that ruled (like the egg and muffin toaster series, for example). You'd be the first blog to show re-runs. You can pay me for the idea later.

 
At 10:46 AM, September 28, 2006, Blogger ClrkGriswald said...

That's actually an incredible idea by "think frustrated" - the first ever blog to go into syndication.

Get paid to show re-runs.

I gotta look into this blogrolling thing you speak of....

 
At 12:56 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger beaner dog said...

I figured you were taking a break like they plan to with Lost. And we all know how well that'll work out. It angers loyal viewers.

I knew you probably updated because you posted a response on my blog. And most likely, you couldn't handle the idea of me, updating and you, slacking.

Perhaps the trip to Starbucks this morning made up for not bringing you a Krispy Kreme doughnut the other day. I know the coffee wasn't free, but hey, the delivery was.

Just sayin'.

 
At 1:07 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I think you have your priorities all screwed up - but then you know that already. Clearly #6 needs to be moved to at least #3, but I guess you have a while before you get bored with cable. I will admit I definitely miss the dvr, being that half the time SOMEONE is screaming over a show I'd like to watch AND hear. Oh well...and we don't even have a VCR. Hope your life gets back to normal soon...I check in everyday (more like several times a day) to see if it has :-)

 
At 5:57 PM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes.

 
At 5:58 PM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, did you want a real comment? Sorry, I can't be bothered to update my own blog these days, so how can I really comment on other people's?

 
At 2:08 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Matt said...

Nothing gets Matty to comment like mentioning Matty in a post. And yeah, I am getting lonely man. I miss Maki. I miss what we had. That former Tennessee player keeps bugging me to work out with him, but dammit...

(misting)

(choking a little bit)

I just can't quit you!

(Yeah, I know the joke's old but I love it and I'm not letting go. You will pry my Brokeback Mountain jokes out of my cold, dead hands!)

Oh, sleep is for the weak.

 
At 4:08 PM, November 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! I did forget my password.... oops

 

Post a Comment

<< Home