Monday, June 20, 2005

Weird dreams return.

It's been quite a while since I last posted about my dreams. This is because I really haven't had any since then, since my sleep pattern has been especially shot to hell lately. Jet lag and daylight savings really gave me the old one-two punch there. I'm finally back to a somewhat normal schedule now. And it only took two months! What does a regular sleep schedule mean? Dream time! Even better, it means crappy dream time!

My dream consisted of me losing my teeth. Not just waking up with them gone, but them falling out while trying to talk to people. And not just spitting chiclets into my hand or anything, but dark, crimson, bloody rotten teeth falling out of my mouth. It was kind of nasty. It was made even more frustrating by the fact that my ability to speak got worse with every tooth lost, and nobody was even noticing that they were falling out. They just thought I was retarded or something and couldn't speak properly. I'm sitting there going, "hello! teeth falling out here!" But it was coming out to them sounding like "merrow, feeh furrmgh ow here," so it's not wonder they were ignoring me. The way my dreams typically go, even if they did understand me, they'd be telling me that I should've brushed my teeth more often and then walked away.

OK peeps, give me the analysis on this one. Fear of growing older? Dementia? Early stages of syphilis? Fear of my dentist and/or my toothbrush? Let's hear it.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger pagan_mystic said...

So my handy book of '1001 Dreams' says that "a dream of losing teeth may represent a fear of losing our youth and vitality or, by extention, our sexual powers." Blah, blah, blah ...

I have a recurring dream about losing my teeth and have had it at least once a year ever since I can remember. It's actually caused by my grinding my teeth in my sleep. So no mystical explanation there. Though it's always disturbing and annoying. But it's better than my other recurring dream about being chased by bears and wolves. Sometimes I manage to make it to safety and sometimes I don't. Luckily I usually wake up before they start tearing my limbs off and gorging on my flesh.

 
At 6:20 PM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Maki said...

If there's anything the Nightmare on Elm Street movies have taught us, it's that we need to be careful about how we get killed in our dreams, since it will translate to real life. Wake yourself up before the bears get you!!!

I also grind my teeth in my sleep. I wear a handy-dandy piece of acrylic at night that will prevent me, as my dentist put it, "from shattering my teeth eventually." Chewing a hard piece of acrylic all night didn't sound so bad after that.

 
At 6:55 PM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Maki said...

Didn't have any music on, never even turned the TV on last night. Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home