Monday, February 06, 2006

Only Chuck Norris Can Defeat This Chili

I think you all know who won the chili cookoff.* And it wasn't Chuck Norris. Finished up with my design for my huge project, now it just needs proofing and it's close to ready. Going for a 7-0 dodgeball game on Wednesday sounds like a good way to keep the hot streak going. We now have dodgeball uniforms, by the way, but more on that next post. Life is good, people!

* I tied for first place, but that part goes in fine print. All you need to know is that I won, okay?

12 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger C said...

Woo hooo!!! Congratulations!!

 
At 1:20 AM, February 07, 2006, Blogger KR said...

Congrats! Just curious - what was the verdict on naming it?!

 
At 8:56 AM, February 07, 2006, Blogger ClrkGriswald said...

Two questions...

1.) How did Crunk for Christ Chili fly with your co-workers and fellow staff members??

2.) Who did you tie with?

 
At 9:52 AM, February 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No shit. What was it called?

 
At 1:26 PM, February 07, 2006, Blogger Maki said...

Ok, here's the deal. Names were not used in order to discourage collusion and encourge anonymous voting based on merit and whatnot. So I was simply assigned a number. Sadly, that number was #2. Not good for a chili name. At least my chili overcame that hurdle and tied for the win with #3. The name I ultimately chose became the title of this post, thanks to a little brainstorming session with a co-worker shortly before the judging began. After all, the internet needs another Chuck Norris reference because there aren't enough of them out there already.

 
At 1:33 PM, February 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like #2 better.

"Try my chili."

"oooh, it's good. What do you call it?"

"Number 2"

 
At 1:41 PM, February 07, 2006, Blogger Blue Dog Art said...

Number 2 sounds a bit Chanel to me, but that might just be because I'm a chick. Congratulations!

 
At 5:58 PM, February 07, 2006, Blogger erl said...

send some up this way mmkay?

 
At 2:56 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger erl said...

hey mr. chili, post.

 
At 3:44 PM, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is Chuck Norris so gosh darn popular?

http://chucknorrisfacts.com/

 
At 11:41 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger C said...

Are you gonna post a pic in your tight uni(?)tard(?) ;o)

 
At 10:19 AM, February 10, 2006, Blogger Maki said...

Sorry, I'm a total blog slacker. I really need extra hours in the day. Or to eliminate sleep. Something like that. I've got a draft waiting for me to edit so hopefully that will go up for all 4 of you patiently (or impatiently ) waiting.

Jacob: Scatological references rock. Except in reference to chili, y'know?

BDA: The chili did smell really, really good, but in a completely different way, I guess.

Liz: Sorry, all gone. And I'll post, alright! Leave me alone!

PK: The shirt rocked, can't wait to see the front completed. #17 needs to be on there, too...

KitKat: Chuck is popular because everyone is afraid of what he will do if he is not.

Candace: Unitard? UNITARD? I think not, young lady. My team may be the Pre-Madonnas, but I'm not wearing what she wore at the grammys...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home